The role of women in the literature of Postcolonial Africa is questioned by many African feminist scholars who hold the view that African women are marginalized in the narratives. The debate has divided the critics and scholars into two sections, one of them holds the view that female authors enjoy representation in the Modern African Literature that was denied to them before the independence.
A close look at the works by African writers reveals the fact that the women in the postcolonial African setting are either portrayed in the traditional pre-colonial Africa or shown to combat for their new identity in the modern setting of independent Africa. As literature represents culture and tradition of a society, postcolonial African literature also presents women as they were treated in the modern African society. In many of the famous works women are not made protagonists of the narratives and if they are made, they are treated as objects of infatuation of men rather than of intellectual position. The question of representation in literature is as important as the real role of women itself.
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom term papers are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.