Mole people are the homeless people who are bound to live under petty conditions in the large cities. Jennifer Toth also used the term in her book The Mole People: Life in the Tunnels beneath New York City that was consisted of the interviews of the tunnel dwellers. The central theme of the book is that the tunnel dwellers are bound to live in alienated communities, as they are not seen as existing entities, where they themselves constitute society in order to survive and sustain.
The book recounts the experiences of the tunnel dwellers in the ‘hollow areas under the passenger platforms’ (Toth, 1993, p.19) because ‘most of the homeless find their homes far enough away from operating tracks where they hear only a slight tremor when train passes’ (Toth, 1993, p.41). The tales of mole people are ‘extraordinary’ illustrations of ‘marginalization’ (Maffi, 2004, p. 33). Moreover the author also shows the positive side of humanity by portraying the helping hands in those very areas. The mastery of Toth lies in the fact that she brings new insights through her work as she ‘informs the reader that living underground was not always considered inhuman’ (Whalen, 1993). It is not only New York but Paris also is ‘honeycombed with a network of tunnels’ (Toth, 1993, p.37).
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom term papers are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.