The real mastery of Walcott lies in the fact that he employs various literary devices to generate meaning out of his verses. The most significant of the devices is that of imagery through which he draws the picture in the eyes of the readers. The nature imagery is drawn by the poet with vividness and detail that enhances the interest of the readers.
The image of a lover’s embarking on the sea generates a sad mood as he realizes as if his ‘island lost in the haze’ as he would ‘never see her again’ Furthermore the beautiful image of the sea recurs throughout the poem and unites the sparse pattern of themes. The sea also symbolizes man’s destiny which is so powerful that it separates one from his loved ones. Moreover it can also be analyzed as a symbol of demise as the sailors or the wanderes who embark on sea have the realization in the back of their minds that they might not return alive. But the image of the sea also represents the divine beauty through which Nature reflects its glimpses or wrath. The sea ‘breeze’ is so ‘fresh’ as if it ‘lifted the lace curtains’.
 Walcott 222
 Walcott 223
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom term papers are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.