Sample Term Paper
What is valuable about loyalty? What is problematic about loyalty?
Loyalty allows one to have special relationships that are valuable and have special meaning to them. On the other hand loyalty is problematic as it eschews reliance on good reasons and invites irresponsible behavior and unfairness (Johnson, 2009).
11. How do the agency, paternalistic, and fiduciary models of client-professional relationships deal with the disparity in knowledge of the client and professional? What is wrong, if anything, with each of these models?
In agency model, the client retains all the decision making power and the professional just has to implement what the client says. The problem with this model is that it does not into account the special knowledge of the professional. In the paternalistic model, the client transfers all the decision making power to the professional, so that the professional may use his knowledge to make a better decision. However, this model puts the customer at complete mercy of the professional. In the fiduciary model, the client makes the decision based on the information provided by the professional. This requires both parties to trust each other (Johnson, 2009).
12. On the fiduciary model of client-professional relationships, what might a computer professional owe to a client, and what might a client owe to a computer professional?
On the fiduciary model, a computer professional is required to tell the client what he can or cannot do, to inform them about what is possible and provide them with honest estimates on cost of services and time. The client is also required to put full trust on the information that is provided by the computer professional about what can be done and take decision accordingly (Johnson, 2009).
13. How would a social contract theory account for the responsibility of professionals to those who may be affected by their work?
Through the social contract framework, a society permits the professionals to practice their profession and to provide other forms of support only if they promise to practice it in such a way that is beneficial for the society (Johnson, 2009).
14. What is the corollary of proportionate care? How might it apply to computer professionals?
The corollary of proportionate care is “whenever one is in position to contribute to greater harm or when one is in position to play a more critical part in producing harm that is another person, one must exercise greater care to avoid doing so.” This applies to profession of computing as well as computer professional frequently hold positions in which they use their knowledge to contribute to projects which can have potential to harm others. Hence, they have a great responsibility and must exercise care (Johnson, 2009).
15. How does the issue of whistle-blowing arise for computer professionals?
Computer professionals are also responsible for protecting public goods, complying to professional standards and staying honest to their organization. However, tension exists in choosing which one has the first preference. A computer professional may choose to be disloyal to his employer in favor of protecting society, in cases where he might think that the project he is working on may bring harm. If his concerns are constantly ignored, then he might choose to speak against his employer publically (Johnson, 2009).
This is just a sample term paper for marketing purposes. If you want to order term papers, essays, research papers, dissertations, case study, book reports, reviews etc. Please access the order form.
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom term papers are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.