Persuasion is often defined as the form of social influence and the process of guiding people to the extent of accepting an idea or inspiration. The weapons of persuasion include reciprocity, commitment and consistency, social proof, authority, liking and scarcity which are also called persuasion tactics or methods and have been used in business and marketing (Cialdini, 2001).
- In the method of reciprocity people pay the favor back that can be a sign of gratitude as well. Ethiopia, for example, reciprocated Mexico after the earthquake of 1985 as Mexico had supported Ethiopia against the attack of Italy in 1937.
- If people decide something for themselves they are more likely to respect their commitment and they fulfill it as well. This trait of people has been beneficial for the retailers who would increase the rates of different items because they know that people are now committed to purchase them.
- As people have tendency to follow other people and they would just look up to the things the other people are doing because they want social proof.
- People obey authority figures no matter what kind of an act is it?
- People tend to be persuaded by the people of their liking.
- Scarcity of an item is also beneficial for increasing the demand of an item.
This is just a sample term paper for marketing purposes. If you want to order term papers, essays, research papers, dissertations, case study, book reports, reviews etc. Please access the order form.