The Global Burden of Disease project undertaken by World Health Organization attempts to quantify the risks to health based on premature mortality due to a number of major causes, disaggregated by age, sex, region with a goal to continue tracking these results in future as well. The utility of this endeavour for Human Security lies in its ability to highlight threats, weakness and trends in who is most at risk in terms of quantity of life indicators. Not surprisingly an enormous number of all deaths including communicable, non-communicable and death due to injury occurred in developing regions with the highest rate of death falling squarely on sub-Saharan Africa.
It is not a surprising fact that the ‘infant and child mortality rate’ in sub-Saharan Africa is still highest in the world but the immensity of the problem must be gauged from the fact that the data to identify the relevant causes of demise is not only inadequate but is of ‘questionable quality’. The life expectancy in the region is extremely low and various diseases, including HIV, serve to exert a horrendous impact on the rate of life expectancy.
 Lopez, Alan D, and Disease Control Priorities Project. Global burden of disease and risk factors. World Bank Publications, 2006.
 Ewbank, Douglas C, and James N Gribble. Effects of health programs on child mortality in Sub-Saharan Africa. National Academies Press, 1993, p.1.
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom term papers are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.