Ethiopia, as a state that is not currently involved in a major external or internal conflict, with a government that enjoys international support and some of the lowest health indicators in the world stands as an appropriate example to find a link between health and human security.
In Ethiopia the HIV has emanated to a perilous extent. USAID has determined that youth between the ages of 15-25 are the age group with the highest rate of infection, with girls having a 3 times greater prevalence rate than boys of the same age. ‘At the end of 1999, an estimated 3 million Ethiopians, or nearly11% of adult population, were living with HIV/AIDS, an estimated 150,000 of those infected are children. Between 15% and 30% of adolescents attending antenatal clinics in major urban centres tested positive for HIV’. No other region in the world is as affected by HIV as is Sub-Saharan African region. According to an estimate, about 23 million populations are affected by the disease. Moreover the number of children orphaned as a result of the disease has increased to a dangerous extent.
 USAID, “About Ethiopia” www.usaidethiopia.org, (2006)
 USAIDS & World Health Organization (WHO), Epidemiological Fact Sheet on HIV/AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infections 2000 Update: Ethiopia, (2000), p.3
A+ papers are what we do the best, and that’s our promise!
We believe our success is due to countless of satisfied customers who continue to trust us and cherish this professional relationship. Our custom term papers are guaranteed to be original and delivered before the deadline.
- Countless students worldwide are satisfied with our professional writing services.
- Professionally written custom paper according to your specific instructions.
- We offer the most experienced bank of dependable and capable academic writers.
- All assignments are thoroughly researched and 100% guaranteed as original.
- 100% privacy guaranteed – your private information is strictly confidential.
- Dedicated 24/7 friendly support team, always available to assist you.