Sample Term Paper
- Globally there are 1 billion adults who are overweight and around 300 million who are facing obesity.
- Obesity and increased weight causes major risk for persistent diseases like type2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, stroke, etc.
- The major causes of this high rate of obesity is the increased consumption of energy less food highly soaked with fats, increased level of sugar consumption and lack of physical activity.
The term obesity means a condition describing surplus body weight in the form of fat. It can also be defined as a condition in which a person has increased weight due to uncharacteristic congregation of fat. A person become obese when more calories are consumed in comparison to the calories he/she burns. Obesity and overweight are usually measured by using the BMI (Body mass index). This is a measurement tool that takes into account an individual’s weight and divides it by the square of the height in meters (kg/m2). BMI provides an overview of where that individual stands in terms of different benchmarks of the BMI (WHO, 2009). The different categories of BMI are given below.
- Underweight=BMI less than 18.5
- Normal weight=BMI of 18.5-24.9
- Overweight=BMI of 25-29.9
- Obese=BMI of 30 or greater
Obesity has become a major reason for the rising rate of chronic diseases in the world. World Health Organization and other health agencies have remarked on this problem as one of the fastest growing problems of the world, especially amongst teenagers who are not properly guided by their parents, are becoming more prone to this problem which has its devastating impacts on the behavior and their personal lives. It has been observed that those who are suffering from overweight and obesity are likely to go through depression and surely have low esteem. As far as the health part is concerned obesity is the gateway to many diseases. It has a poor effect on the blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar level. Apart from that research shows that it also has an effect on the respiratory process and in some cases can also cause infertility. On the whole, obesity which is often taken as not a primary health issue is the main factor for other health problems which could actually affect individuals in many ways.
This is just a sample term paper for marketing purposes. If you want to order term papers, essays, research papers, dissertations, case study, book reports, reviews etc. Please access the order form.